- Scope of Information to be Obtained
- Purpose of Use
- Restrictions on Use and Provision
- Measures to Ensure Safety
- Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
- Transfer of Business
- Scope of Application
This English document is a translation of the original Japanese document for the sole purpose of user convenience. It is only the Japanese original that is legally binding. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Japanese original and the English translation, the Japanese original shall prevail.
This policy stipulates the handling of personal information of users who use the service of “Langsmith Editor” (hereinafter referred to as “the Service”) operated by Langsmith Inc. (“we,” “us” or “Langsmith”).
We are highly aware of the need to protect personal information, and have established the following personal information protection policy as a standard that all our employees must comply with for all personal information obtained in the course of conducting our business.
Scope of Information to be Obtained
We automatically acquire personal information such as Internet domain names, IP addresses, browsing of this website, and search keywords. Cookies (information sent from our server to your browser to identify you on our server, which is stored in your computer) are used only for the purposes of accurately grasping the number of accesses and improving the convenience of the browser display function; provided, however, that cookies may be used for the login authentication function in plans that require membership registration.
Using Google Analytics
Any character data / voice data such as text and terminologies entered by you for using the Service, any character data / voice data generated by the Service, and any character data / voice data obtained by regenerating those character data / voice data (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Text Data, etc.”) will be sent to our servers and the servers of the contractor(s) designated by us. The method of processing Text Data, etc., varies depending on the plan as follows:
Free plans (Guest Plan, Free Plan,Tohoku University Plan)
When using the Service, please enter only the text you wish to transfer to our server. This is necessary in order for us to create “rewrites”, “auto-completions”, etc., and provide our services to you. We process Text Data, etc. and other information in a form that is not linked to personal information, and only for the purpose of improving our services.
Paid plans (Premium Plan, Enterprise Plan)
When using the Service, please enter only the text you wish to transfer to our server. This is temporarily necessary in order for us to create “rewrites”, “auto-completions”, etc., and provide our services to you. We will not leave any input Text Data, etc. on the servers of our company or our designated subcontractors. During the free trial period of the Free plan, this item is not applicable even if you use the paid plan functions.
All online payments are made through the Stripe service. We will not obtain your complete credit card information, except for the access token to the Stripe service.
Plans that require membership registration (other than Guest plan)
We will collect your personal information provided by you, such as email address. We will never use it for any other purpose.
Purpose of Use
We will use your personal information we obtain as stated above for the following purposes:
- Purpose of providing the Service
- Purpose of measuring and analyzing the usage status of the Service
- Purpose of investigation and response in case of failure / malfunction of the Service
- Purpose of quality improvement, enhancement and improvement of our services and products
- Purpose of providing other products and services provided by our contractors
- Purpose of giving notifications regarding the Service and information on related services
- Purpose of responding to inquiries and other requests from customers who use the Service
- Purpose of conducting various marketing activities such as surveys on usage trends of the Service
- Purpose of conducting surveys regarding the Service
- Purpose of working out plans of new services provided by us in the future
- Purpose of lotteries for our promotions and shipping of prizes
- Purpose of billing processing such as submitting estimates and payment
- Purpose of identity verification in the event of unauthorized access or use
- Purpose of giving you important notices regarding our services or otherwise contacting you as necessary
※We may provide the information to universities and research institutes for research presentations by our company, joint research with universities and research institutes, and other academic and educational activities, but we will not use the information in a form that can identify individuals.
Restrictions on Use and Provision
We will not use your personal information, or provide it to third parties, for any purpose other than the purpose of use, except for the case of a legal disclosure request or the case of illegal access, threats, or other illegal acts or for any other special reason; provided, however, that we may provide your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- When your prior consent has been obtained.
- In the case of information such as access information to this website and user attributes that has been statistically processed so that individual customers cannot be identified.
Measures to Ensure Safety
We will take necessary measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of acquired information and to otherwise appropriately manage acquired information.
In addition, as we hire third-party contractors to operate our services, we may entrust to those contractors the handling of acquired information. In such a case, we will take the necessary measures to ensure that those contractors also prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of acquired information and otherwise appropriately manage acquired information.
Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
In accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, if you have requested in person that we disclose, correct, suspend the use of, or delete of your personal information, we will take necessary steps after confirming that the request has been made by you.
Transfer of Business
Scope of Application
Revised March, 2023
Revised January, 2022
Revised Aug. 2021
Drafted April, 2021